I hope you are well. This morning there were some things weighing heavy on me and I felt myself becoming discouraged. While taking a shower this morning I was meditating on both the good and the bad, when I began to think about the enemy being under our feet. The part of the verse above came to mind and I found myself encouraged by the word. My mind was flooded with scriptures where the enemy was put on his belly. I felt like this might encourage someone today so I am putting together some of the thoughts the Lord gave me. Be blessed today.
And the God of peace will soon crush Satan underneath your feet. Romans 16:20
So the Lord God said to the serpent: “Because you have done this, you are cursed more than all cattle, and more than every beast of the field; on your belly you shall go, and you shall eat dust all the days of your life. And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her Seed; He shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise His heel.” Genesis 3:14-15
From the curse in the garden the position of our enemies has been upon their belly, underneath our feet. When we were saved we were seated in Him in heavenly places far above all principality and power and might and dominion. Positionally we are above and not beneath. We war from a position of victory. For some of these references I will give just a brief explanation of what happened in order to save time.
1. In Joshua Chapter 10 Joshua went to war against the five Amorite kings. the Israelites trapped them in a cave until after the battle was over. After the battle was over Joshua commanded his captains to put their feet on the necks of those kings. In verse 25 Joshua said, “Do not be afraid, nor be dismayed; be strong and of good courage, for thus the Lord will do to all your enemies against whom you fight.” Then he killed them.
2. In 1 Samuel Chapter 5 the Philistines had captured the ark of God and they had placed it in the temple of Dagon. When they went in the next morning Dagon had fallen on his face before the ark of the Lord. They put him back in place and the next day Dagon was again fallen on its face before the ark of the Lord, but this time the head and hands of Dagon were broken off on the threshold so that only the torso remained. Upon thy belly shalt thy go!
3. In 1Samuel 17 David fought Goliath and when the stone struck Goliath’s forehead he fell on his face to the earth and David then stood over him, took Goliath’s sword and cut off his head.
4. Psalms 18:39-40 “For You have armed me with strength for the battle; You have subdued under me those who rose up against me. You have also given me the necks of my enemies so that I destroyed those who hated me.”
5. Malachi 4: 2,3 “But to you who fear my name the Sun of Righteousness shall arise with healing in His wings; and you shall go out and grow fat like stall-fed calves. You shall trample the wicked, for they shall ashes under the soles of your feet on the day I do this, says the Lord of Hosts.”
6. Luke 10:19 “Behold I give you authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.”
7. Romans 16: 20 ” and the God of peace will soon crush Satan underneath your feet.”
The assigned position of the enemy is on His belly and our position is for our feet to be upon the necks of our enemies. These enemies are not flesh and blood (though it may seem so sometimes), but principalities and powers, spiritual wickedness in high places. Jesus spoiled them at Calvary crushing the head of Satan. Do they still have power? Yes, but it is the power of agreement. When we agree with their lies we give them authority. We must align ourselves with what God has said. Submit yourselves therefore to God; resist the devil and He will flee. James 4:7. I was greatly encouraged by meditating on these truths and I hope you will be as well. The God of peace will soon crush Satan underneath our feet. Be exceedingly blessed.
In His love,